“Each day, our men and women in law enforcement put their lives on the line to protect ours. This resolution honoring National Police Week is especially meaningful for Utahns, as it honors the life of Provo Police Officer Joseph Shinners, who gave his life in the line of duty last year,” said Senator Romney. “It is important that we support our law enforcement officers around the country, and recognize all they do to keep our communities safe.”
- designates the week of May 10 through May 16, 2020, as ‘‘National Police Week’’;
- expresses unwavering support for law enforcement officers across the United States in the pursuit of preserving safe and secure communities;
- recognizes the need to ensure that law enforcement officers have the equipment, training, and resources that are necessary in order to protect the health and safety of the officers while the officers protect the public;
- recognizes the law enforcement community for continual unseen acts of sacrifice and heroism, especially in the midst of the COVID–19 pandemic crisis faced by the United States;
- acknowledges that police officers and other law enforcement personnel, especially those who have made the ultimate sacrifice, should be remembered and honored;
- expresses condolences and solemn appreciation to the loved ones of each law enforcement officer who has made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty; and
- encourages the people of the United States to observe National Police Week by honoring law enforcement personnel and promoting awareness of the essential mission that law enforcement personnel undertake in service to their communities and the United States.
The full text of the resolution is here.